Thursday, July 14, 2011

Holy Crap Yum

Soooo I love to make bread. I have even come up with a few reasons why you should make bread:)
1. Your house smells like pure heaven
2. It tastes like pure heaven
3. It even looks like pure heaven
It's basically like you are in heaven if you make this bread...
It has taken me a while trying out lots and lots of recipes and trying new tricks and nicks, this at that... BUT I have finally found the perfect one!!! I call it dun dun dun "Pure Heaven Honey Wheat Bread"
1 (.25 ounce) package rapid rise yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup melted shortening
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons butter
Now here's how to do it!:
Step 1:
Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water.
Step 2:
Combine milk, 1/4 cup water, shortening, honey, salt and wheat flour in a bowl. Mix in yeast mixture, and let rest 15 minutes.
Step 3:
Add bread flour, Knead dough 10 - 15 minutes.
I like to use:



Step 4:
Place the dough in a buttered bowl, and turn to coat.(I use olive oil) Cover the bowl with kitchen towel. Let dough rise for 45- 60 minutes, or until almost doubled. (I turn my oven on to 200 to let it warm up. When it's time for the dough to rise I turn the oven off. Your dough always needs to rise in a warm place)




Step 5:
Punch down, and divide dough in half. Roll out each half, and pound out the bubbles. Form into loaves, and place in buttered 9x5 inch bread pans. Butter the tops of the dough, and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm area until doubled; second rise should take about 30 minutes.


Place a small pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until tops are dark golden brown. Butter crusts while warm. Slice when cool.

I hope this helps a tad!?! Now go run along and make some yummy bread and fill your tummy with PURE HEAVEN!!!! This seriously is one of my most favorite thing to just snack on:)

So This bracelet is pretty funky right? I just kinda threw it together. I like the yellow band, it gives is some fun color!




It was mine and Tan's 6 month anniversary yesterday, so I had to put a pic of us and say I love him! Marrying him was the best thing I could have ever done for myself... He took me to this cute little restaurant (the kind with the tiny little lamps with fire in them) and I loved it!! Last night he asked me... "so on our 2 1/2 year mark do we celebrate too?" haha made me laugh, I said no only the BIG 6 MONTHER!!! Well I love ya...
-McKenzie

1 comment:

  1. Love you two! Love the bread it is simply delicious and I also love your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete